Software Development and Substitute Form Information
This section of the Department of Revenue website is designed to provide information to the tax software development and substitute forms design community. Click on the links to the left or below for additional information on any of the topics.
Announcements and Important Dates
- What's New for Tax Year 2015? [PDF 27K] (Posted 07-27-2015)
- Began reviewing substitute forms for approval in draft on 7/1/2015
- Posted Statement of Intent for Substitute Form Development on 7/1/2015; Accepting completed statements
- Forms Committee meetings are underway
- Posting drafts of the TY2015 forms as they become available
ATS start date for Form 740 and Form 740-NP will begin 12/1/2014. The start date for the Form 40A102 is 12/19/2014.
Business Rules for 740, 740-NP posted on 10-29-2014
ATS scenarios for IMF released on 10-24-2014
Reject codes for 720, 720-S, 740, 740-NP, 40A102 posted on 10-24-2014
Individual and Corporate 2014v1.0 schemas released on 10-20-2014
KY Publication 4163 posted on 10-20-2014
KY Publication 4164 posted on 10-07-2014
IMF Letter of Intent was posted on 09-29-2014
KY Publication 1345 was posted on 09-29-2014
2D Barcode testing start date: 09-29-2014
- ATS and Production efile for Form 765 start date 4/22/2015
- Production start date for the 720 and 720-S is 1/26/2015.
- ATS start date for 720 and 720-S is 1/9/2015.
- The IRS announced the start date for filing TY2014 Individual Income Tax returns - January 20, 2015. Kentucky will begin TY2014 on January 20, 2015 for both paper filed and efiled returns. We will participate in the Controlled Launch which begins on January 12, 2015.
- Interest for 2015 will remain the same at 6%
What's New for Tax Year 2014? [PDF 51K] (Posted 09-29-2014)
Link directs you to information about Kentucky's electronic filing program including the ATS test returns, state schemas, business rules, reject codes, KY Publication 4163 and KY Publication 4164.
Business Income Tax contact: DawnM.Terry@ky.gov
Individual Income Tax contact: RichardJ.Hill@ky.gov
E-Commerce Branch: AudreyJ.Terry@ky.gov;
Link directs you to information for developing substitute income tax forms including the Substitute Forms Vendor Approval list.
Department of Revenue contact information for each tax type is included in the Substitute Forms Design document.
Link directs you to the current year 2D barcode information including file layouts, barcode specifications manual, mapped forms, test returns and software approval list.
2D Barcode contact: RichardJ.Hill@ky.gov; AudreyJ.Terry@ky.gov
Testing begins: TBD