Skip to main navigation Skip to main content

What to Bring

  • Forms 1095-A, B or C, Affordable Health Care Statements
  • Proof of identification (photo ID such as a drivers license)
  • Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents or a Social Security number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration
  • Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
  • Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
  • Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
  • Form 1098 to verify any home mortgage interest claimed
  • Form 1098T if claiming tuition paid as well as tuition payment information from the college or university
  • A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
  • Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
  • To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
  • Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number

For more information on Individual Income Taxpayer Assistance, please visit the Free Tax Return Preparation page.

For information regarding free electronic filing options, please visit the Free Electronic Filing page.

Call 1-800-906-9887 to locate the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program nearest you.

For information on completing your own taxes electronically, please visit our Free Electronic Filing page

Download the Taxpayer Bill of Rights

The Kentucky Department of Revenue conducts work
under the authority of the Finance and Administration Cabinet.

KY State Seal

© Commonwealth of Kentucky. All rights reserved.