Kentucky is now offering a new way to file your current year return free of charge. KY File is designed to be the simple online version of a paper form. It allows you to:
- Select the Kentucky income tax forms and schedules that fit your filing needs
- Fill in your tax information online
- Perform basic mathematical calculations
- Electronically sign and e-file your Kentucky tax return
- Print your tax return for record keeping and filing
KY File is designed to be the simple, online version of paper forms. Unlike most tax software, it doesn't ask about or explain tax situations. It performs only basic calculations and doesn't provide extensive error checking. Just like completing a paper return, you are responsible for the input of most of the information on the return.
KY File is the tool for you if you're comfortable filling out the forms and schedules without software help or assistance. If you're not comfortable with this method, you may want to consider choosing the traditional free file program if you qualify.
Click here to use KY File
KY File Frequently Asked Questions
*You must complete your federal forms before accessing KY File.